Jan 5, 2008

Local Yellow Pages Directory AskPoodle.com Launches

AskPoodle.com, a local business listings directory relying on human organizational power, has launched.
Woof!
Here’s how it works. You give AskPoodle.com your email address and/or phone number and ask it to find local businesses for you. AskPoodle.com does the search work and relays emails or voice mails from businesses to you for free. These businesses never get your contact information; AskPoodle keeps it private.
I’ve got a phone book in the house, but I’d only use it if I couldn’t access the Internet. It stays tucked away, mostly gathering dust.
AskPoodle.com can be MUCH faster than you might be if you were to do the legwork of searching the Web or flipping through the printed yellow pages. Its homepage says:
Get personalized local search results with recommendations & reviews, price quotes, and answers from local merchants that compete for your business within seconds, not hours or days.
If you’re a business, AskPoodle.com helps you by driving real sales leads right to you.
I know there are a ton of classifieds sites on the Web - Oodle, Edgeio and Craigslist, to name a few - but I like AskPoodle’s chances, as long as it can get word-of-mouth to spread between satisfied early adopters and their neighbors.Go to AskPoodle.com and try it out right now. I’m going to see what it can tell me about pizza near my house.